BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Andrea Pesce


When I first got the request from Lisa to do a birthday challenge in honor of Steve’s 50th birthday, I thought, “bummer – we are moving our office on my birthday so I’ll have to do it another day”. But it is better to honor a birthday with doing a challenge on the actual birthday. So I have decided to do a “moving birthday challenge” with the theme of 50, even though it is not my
age…it’s a big one for him.

I work in Santa Monica where the city makes everything difficult for you. We can’t have movers until 5pm, we need permits to park the truck in front of the building and we have to move our servers before the furniture, so it’s going to be a long night. For my challenge, I will:

* Curse the city of Santa Monica 50 times
* Thank the people helping us move 50 times, which they might find annoying or think I’m crazy, but that’s half the fun.
* Not start movng until 5.0 o'clock
* Pack and unpack at least 50 items
* Direct the moving of at least 50 boxes

In the spirit of the workouts he so loves, I will squeeze in some fitness despite being stuck at work the whole day:

* 50 yoga poses (though there may be some repeats)
* 50 deep knee bends
* 50 leg lifts

And to complete the day, there must be some sort of food challenge, but I’m staying on the healthy side:

* 5.0 cups of coffee – you may think that’s easy, but not if you only ever have one
* 5.0 healthy food items while ‘on the move”

OK, so not all of it got done, but it’s the thought that counts…..


My photos: My challenge looked like this... but with moving boxes.

0 comments: