BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tim Halbakken


I’ve been doing Birthday Challenges for a decade now, but Todd Mei inspired me to make this year’s in honor of Steve Edwards. After some deliberation and discussions w/ my better half, I have decided that this will be the year of 3's.

While details will need to be figured out, what follows is a draft:

3 day Birthday Challenge to celebrate my 33rd birthday which is April 6th.

-The challenge will as usual involve some serious mileage on my birth-year '1978 Schwinn Le Tour III' (see photo)

-The challenge will involve towing my (at the time of the challenge) 3 year old son Palmer some stupid distance and vertical on the xc ski/Chariot set up (this is already a favorite pastime).

-The challenge will likely involve one or more 14er ski or snowboard descents.

-The challenge will possibly involve the completion of a front lever as demonstrated in the photo of John Gill, but definitely not the one arm front lever John Gill is most famous for. This will likely be the most challenging task as I am 6'4" and 200#. I will need to begin training for this soon and may abandon the idea if it proves impossible.

-The challenge will definitely involve the blue jump suit and jeans at some point but a mullet is unlikely this year...

These are the ideas so far, I hesitate throwing out anything too ambitious w/out a little more research/thought, but I definitely have some ideas.

This will all be made possible by my loving and supportive wife and my adventurous son.

1 comments:

Steve Edwards said...

Excellent, Tim. Can't wait to hear how it goes. Same bike you've always been using in your challenges? I remember it.